Sunday, October 26, 2008

Lord's day musing

This being the Lord's day , I have once again been reminded of the great cost of our Bible (KJV 1611). I am not talking about how much money you paid for the copy of God's word you hold in your hand today , but how many lives were given in order for us to be able to read the scriptures in the English language. God's word declares in Psalms 12:6,7 "The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever."
God promised to preserve his words, and He has in the KJV 1611 bible. It cost many men their lives to allow us to have the word of God in a language that we could read and understand. Many men and women were martyred for their part in preserving the words of God so that you and I could hold it in our hands and read it and come to a saving knowledge of our Lord and Saviour. God's word is God's love letter to His people. Let us endeavor to be more faithful to the reading and hearing of His word.

3 comments:

Phyllis Blickensderfer said...

I found you through Rachel's joy filled sites. I, too, love His word, and its promise:

So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.
(Isaiah 55:11 KJV)

Rachel said...

Yayy! Grammy Blick found my mom!
Good post, Mom!

betty said...

Isaiah 55:11 is one of my favorite verses too. It is comforting to know that when God sends forth His word it shall not return void, but not only that, it will accomplish that which He pleases. And if it pleases Him it should please us also.